Wednesday 29 April 2015

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara

I picked up Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara when my Benefit Gimme Brow ran out. Don't get me wrong, Gimme Brow is probably my favourite brow product BUT it's so pricey. Spending €19 for something that doesn't even last three months is just ridiculous to me.
I love Maybelline mascaras so I figured their brow mascara might be okay and for under €8, I didn't feel like I was breaking the bank.


Overall, I've been loving Maybelline Brow Drama. My only issue is with the weird concept for an applicator.


In theory, it's a pretty good idea but in reality, it's just too big. It forms into a ball at the end of the wand which is too wide for the tail of my brows meaning I end up brushing my skin. In fairness, the product only attaches to the hairs and not my skin but I feel like I can't be as accurate with it as I'd like to be.


Here's my baby finger nail for scale. 

The formula itself is quite wet and applies lightly, you can build up a couple of layers for a natural look or use it to set another brow product. It looks very natural once it dries but it is quite crunchy to touch. You wouldn't look at your eyebrows and think "crispy..." but you can definitely feel it.


I have the shade Dark Brown and it's perfect for me. I have dark brown hair and black brows so I hate products that have a red undertone. Thankfully, this is quite cool toned.

When this runs out I want to try the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper because it has a smaller brush but I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this if I wasn't intrigued by L'Oreal's offering.

Have you tried either Maybelline or L'Oreal's brow mascaras? Are you a fan of Benefit's Gimme Brow? Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading :) 





3 comments:

  1. I love Benefit Gimme Brow even though it's way to pricey for what it is but I just love how small the brush is. I did have this first and hated the brush, just couldn't make it work for my thin brows. I think Essence have a really similar dupe to the Benefit one with a small brush too (I'm planning on getting that next) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just hurts my soul to buy Gimme Brow! Ooh I didn't know Essence did one, I must check that out too haha. xxxx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena