Monday 27 October 2014

Updated Travel Makeup Bag

A few months ago, I wrote a What's in my Travel Makeup Bag post. That included a lot of summery products so I decided to show you what I'm bringing with me to Cork for the long weekend now that the bold lip and matte complexion is in full swing.


L'oreal True Match Foundation in W3 - I've been using this foundation for a couple of months now and I love how light it feels on the skin but still gives a good coverage. I use about half a pump and stipple it on then blend it in using my Blank Canvas F22 brush

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Light - After hearing some great things about this, I decided to actually get it. I got the shade "Light" but I think it's a little too light for me so it looks a little grey on my skin. I also find the sponge applicator extremely painful and rough to use under my eyes because my skin is very sensitive. It does wonders with my dark circles though, I just wish it came with a doe foot applicator.

Soap&Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder - You've already heard my rave about it but this translucent powder is brilliant for setting my foundation and concealer without any caking.

Urban Decay All Nighter Spray - This setting spray works so well to keep your makeup in place. I know that once I have this sprayed on, my makeup won't budge.


Essence Hello Autumn Powder - This is a new purchase so I haven't had too much of a chance to test it out but so far, I'm liking it. I've been using it as bronzer and under my blusher. I then use my finger to take the white colour and blend it along my cheekbones as a highlighter. This is also great as a little eyeshadow palette. I do find it quite hard to actually get any product out so you kind of have to go in hard with your brush.

Essence Silky Touch Blush in Adorable - My good old reliable blush is perfect for adding a little flush to your cheeks.

Maybelline The Falsies and NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara - My tube of The Falsies is running a little dry so I've been using my NYC mascara to finish off my lashes.

Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep - I just love this for doing my eyebrows because I don't have to fuss with pencils and powders.

Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette - I have my full review of this palette here. It's so compact and perfect for travelling.

Blank Canvas Boarderlines Felt Tip Eyeliner - I've been really enjoying using this eyeliner because it's so easy to use. I've mentioned that I'm no good at doing eyeliner but this isn't really runny so you have a lot of control over the line you draw.

Wet n Wild Lip Liner in Fab Fuchsia - I am genuinely shocked at how good this lip liner is! It's so creamy and incredibly long lasting. For €1.99, I'm going to be stocking up on these babies.

Catrice Lip Liner in Sweet Aubergina - I'm not as blown away by this lip liner but it's a nice colour match for some of my more purple lipsticks.

MAC Amorous Lipstick - I mentioned this in my Top Autumn/Winter Lip Products post. This is my first MAC lipstick and I just can't get enough of it!

Rimmel Kate Moss 107 Lipstick - Another lipstick that got a mention in the A/W Lip post, this matte, dark red lipstick is perfect for a bold lip.

Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy (not pictured) - This lipstick was in my Dublin Haul but I hadn't tried it at that point. I can now confirm that this lipstick is amazing. It's like a purple version of 107 but it isn't at all drying and lasts for hours!


For my brushes face brushes, I have Blank Canvas F22 for my foundation, Real Techniques Blush Brush for my powder and Real Techniques Contour Brush for blusher and bronzer.


For eyeshadow brushes, I have the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush, MAC 217 and Real Techniques Accent Brush. I'm only bringing these because I have the little dual end brush in the Pulp Fiction Palette.

What makeup do you bring with you when going away? Do you have any tips for not over packing?

Thanks for reading! :) 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena