Wednesday 17 September 2014

NOTD: Essence - English Rose

Today's NOTD is an Essence nail polish in the shade English Rose.



This is a bit of a weird choice for me seen as I absolutely hate Essence polishes with all my soul but this one is so pretty, I've made an exception.

The main reason I love this shade is that it's very similar to NYX Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose. It seemed to be a big hit with all of you so I thought I'd show you this polish too.

shoutout to the red food colouring on my index fingers cuticle

I can best describe the colour as a "dusty rose". It's not your standard pink, it's got an almost brown undertone.

Essence polishes last two days max on my nails. Before they relaunched the polishes last year in new bottles and with a different formula, I used to get about three or four days out of them. 
They retail around the €2 mark so if you need to quickly find a polish to wear for an occasion or if you're 13 they're great but don't expect your nails to last through a hair wash or even a quick shower. 

The one good thing about the new bottle shape is that they changed the brush too. 
It's a wide dense brush similar to that of Essie.


To make this last more than a day, I use my old faithful Barry M clear polish before and after I apply English Rose. 


I absolutely love this colour and I think its a perfect shade to help to transition from bright to dark polishes as the weather changes.

What do you think about Essence polishes? 

Thanks for reading! :) 





1 comments:

  1. that colour is beautiful! It's a shame the formula doesn't work for you though :/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena