Wednesday 9 July 2014

Maybeline Lasting Drama Gel Liner Pen Review

As I'm sure most of you are aware, Benefit recently released the They're Real Push Up Liner.
I have a post here from the day it launched if you'd like to read it.
Now, I really did like it but I really didn't like the €25 price tag.
HOWEVER, whilst watching Vivianna Does Makeup's June Favourites video, I heard her mention a Maybeline version of the Push Up Liner. 
I immediately hit up google to find out what she was talking about.
The next day, I went straight to Superdrug and found the Maybeline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner pen.
It cost €11.43 which is basically €10 - a lot less than €25.



As you can see, just like the Push Up Liner, this has a little angled silicone nib that the product comes out of.
This makes application so easy if you aren't too skilled in the gel liner area (like me).



You twist the bottom to get the liner to the applicator. When you think you've run out of liner in the nib, just give it a little squeeze to get a little more out. It just saves you wasting any valuable product.


The liner is smooth and very easy to apply with no dragging on your eyelid.

Sorry about the desperate quality - this came off my iPhone.

If you need to fill in any small areas, just wait for the first layer to dry (only a few seconds) and go for it.
It doesn't disturb the eyeliner that you've already applied and doesn't leave any weird clumps.
I'm quite shaky in the hand department so I did make quite a mess of this on one occasion. That was down to me trying to rush rather than a fault with the eyeliner.
Overall it takes me a little under 10 minutes to get it spot on. That probably sounds like a long time for seasoned veterans but, like I said, I suck at eyeliner.


It says to use waterproof remover to get it off and they aren't kidding. I couldn't get it to budge without scrubbing my skin raw. Don't worry, I didn't, I used the Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover and it took it right off.

After trying and comparing both products, I've come to the decision to give Maybeline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner Pen, dupe status.

If you've had your eye on the Benefit liner but it's a little out of your price range (or you begrudge spending €25 on eyeliner) I suggest giving this a try.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed this post! 

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! I'm buying this first thing tomorrow!!
    Also you have a new follower :) Lovely blog!

    Abi from a little dust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it too! Thank you so much, your blog is beautiful, following now! :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. It's pretty much identical to Benefits offering! I'll be keeping an eye out for it now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome write-up. I am a normal visitor of your blog and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the nice site. I will be a regular visitor for a really long time.

    coconut oil for hair Karachi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there very nice website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally…I’m happy to search out so many helpful info right here in the publish, we’d like work out more strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
    organic coconut oil for hair

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena