Wednesday 30 April 2014

Wet n Wild Liquid Lip Color - Review

I recently purchased the Wet n Wild Liquid Lip Color in the shade Pocketful of Roses.

I just realised, I left it French side up woops!

I was really looking forward to using it as the colour is so unusual, a deep pink verging on purple. 
It has a flat applicator, not as long and thin as the Essence XXL Shine gloss but still good for precision application.


The consistency is thick, much like most liquid lipsticks. However, it's incredibly sticky and just doesn't dry.


I took this picture just after applying it to my hand but this is as dry as it gets. 
Think in Primary School when you get a really thick layer of poster paint on your painting and you're left with wet ridges of paint that never dry. 


I took this picture about half an hour after application. As you can see, it's dry and crinkled. It's also so sticky it feels like semi-dry superglue. 


As you can see, it looks just as dry and flaky on my lips as it does on my hand. Again, it stayed incredibly sticky and stuck my lips together as if I'd added eyelash glue to the mixture. I didn't leave this on for more than an hour each time I tried it, but I can imagine over a few hours, chunks of it would flake off.

Trying to remove this was a whole other ordeal. It doesn't budge. If it was any good, I'd be rejoicing over the staying power.
I applied some Garnier Micellar Water to a cotton pad and wiped, scrubed and scratched. I then did the same with some q-tips. After about 10 minutes, I'd gotten the majority of the sticky, clumpy mess off my face. 

I suggest not wasting your money on Wet n Wild Liquid Lip Colours if the rest of them are anything like Pocketful of Roses. 

What annoys me the most is that I've loved every other makeup product I've purchased from Wet n Wild so I expected pretty good results.

Let me know if you've tried any of these as I'd love to know how they worked (or didn't work) for you. 
Thanks for reading :) 


4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds awful. I think Sam from All the Buzz had a similar experience. Such a shame as wet n wild do so many other great products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is awful. I wish I could find something good to say about it but I can't! It really is a shame, I love the lip crayons so I figured these would be just as good. Oh well! X

      Delete
  2. Woah that's not good, so glad I went for the eyeshadow palettes now! The colour so good and everything but it wouldn't be worth having glupe on your lips xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I'd picked up another palette instead! There's no words for how horrific it is... I had it on my hand for a full day after taking those pictures. Had to literally pick it off. X

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena