Wednesday 2 April 2014

Precious Polish - Pompous Purple Review

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted by Anita from Precious Polish and asked if I'd like to give one of her polishes a try.
I'm a total nail addict so of course I said yes. 
I didn't know what I was being sent other than the fact it was a glitter polish. 
When it arrived I was delighted to see it was a purple glitter called Pompous Purple which is part of the Glitterazzi range.


The polish is loaded with medium sized purple hexagons and tiny little golden specks that add a lovely shimmer in natural lighting.
All the glitter pieces are solvent resistant so there's no bleeding or wearing away of colour when you pop this on top of another polish.

I decided to swatch it over a couple of different colours. 


On my index finger I'm wearing Essence - Free Hugs with two coats of Pompous Purple
On my middle finger is Wet n Wild -Through the Grapevine with one coat of Pompous Purple
On my ring finger I have two coats of Pompus Purple over a clear base coat
On my baby finger is Barry M - Grey with one coat of Pompous Purple


As you can see, one coat gives a good layer of glitter and looks very pretty and subtle on darker base colours.
Two coats are necessary on top of lighter base shades or the glitter looks a little sparse. 

What I loved about this polish is that it didn't catch on my clothes or hair like a lot of glitter polishes can. 
I didn't apply a top coat so I could see how well it would wear. 
The only nail that chipped was the one with the pink Essence shade but I put that down to it being an Essence polish. 
Apart from that one small chip, I showered, washed my hair, did some house work, baked a cake and walked my dog without a single issue. 
By the third day I found the glitter was beginning to catch on things but it was nothing a layer of top coat wouldn't fix. 
Overall I'm very pleased with this nail polish.

If you pop over to the Precious Polish shop, you'll see that as well as the "Glitterazzi" range, there is a wide variety of non-glitter nail colours in the "A Splash of Colour" range. These all retail for €7.

That's not all though, Anita can hook you up with your own custom made polish. For €8 you can create a polish by selecting a shade from the Splash of Colour range and then picking up to two Glitterazzi shades to combine with it. 

I know I'll be getting my hands on some more Precious Polishes very soon and I suggest you give them a whirl too. 

They're surprisingly good quality, there's a huge variety to choose from and with the option of creating your own polish, these are a winner in my book. 

Let me know if you decide to give them a try! 
Thanks for reading :) 




2 comments:

  1. All lovely, the index finger shade is my favorite, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, unfortunately it only stays on for about a day since Essence changed their formula back when they changed their bottles. :( x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena