Tuesday 18 March 2014

Budget Buy: Essence XXL Shine Lipgloss

I don't buy a lot of Essence products. I think I tend to associate the brand with 14 year olds and bad quality nail varnish. That being said, on the rare occasion that I do purchase an item from the Essence stand, I usually fall in love with it.

I picked this lipgloss up on a whim a couple of weeks ago and I haven't stopped using it since.


This lipgloss comes in multiple shades, ranging from bright pinks to nudes.
I got the shade 24 Just Gorgeous because I was looking for a nice Spring-y pink shade.
First off, I have to say this smells amazing. It's sweet but not sickly and just smells very pink.
It has a straight applicator which I quite like, I find it's a bit easier to control than a doe foot applicator.


This is a high shine gloss and is well pigmented.



The gloss effect lasts up to 2 hours when you aren't eating or drinking.
The pigment however, stays on until you chose to remove it.
I wore this gloss from 9am to 10pm last week, reapplied it 3 times and when I got home I had to use a lip scrub to remove the left over patches of pink.
I can't recommend this highly enough considering it was less than €3!
It's the perfect shade to add a touch of Spring to your look as we move away from dark berry lips.
I'm definitely going to pick up another few shades of this lipgloss next time I'm out.
You can find Essence stands in Penneys, Sam McCauley's and most other pharmacies.
Let me know if you plan to try this out.
Have you ever disregarded a brand or product because it was too cheap?
Let me know :)
Thanks so much for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! I really like your blog. Wpuld you like to followe each other? Please let me know <3

    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Of course I'll follow you! X

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

© Beauty, Lifestyle, Ramblings with Nicholle, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena